Technical Design Sprints
Work with our Manchester AWS Solutions Architects to solve problems better, faster and for less - from idea to prototype in 5 days
Technical design sprints are a great opportunity for business people to work creatively with technology specialists to rapidly prototype and test ideas
Originally developed by Google Ventures, a design sprint is a five-phase framework that helps answer critical business questions through rapid prototyping and user validation. Design sprints let your team reach clearly defined goals and deliverables and gain key learnings, quickly.
Agidea technology consultants can coordinate design sprint workshops for your team, giving you a jump start in creating new digital products and service, or making existing products and services better. We're happy to travel to customer's premises, or we can host workshops at our well equipped offices in Manchester Media City.
What is a design sprint?
- A 5 day process to quickly understand, prototype and validate a digital product or service
- An opportunity for business people to work creatively with technology specialists
- A series of hands-on workshops and structured exercises
How will it benefit your business?
- Ideas will be gathered into a coherent, actionable, format
- Coordinated approach saves time
- Cost effective lean and agile research approach
- Day 1: Understand. The first day of the sprint focuses on structured discussions to map the problem space and share ideas. What is the current business challenge? What does success look like?
- Day 2: Sketch. The second day will explore possible solutions. How might the problems be solved?
- Day 3: Decide. On the third day, we will critique proposed solutions and draft a storyboard from the best - a step-by-step plan for the prototype. The storyboard will include workflow and user interface features.
- Day 4: Prototype. On the fourth day, Agidea consultants will work to create a prototype (usually an interactive clickable wireframe) based on the findings from the previous three days.
- Day 5: Validate. The final day will involve discussion and validation of the prototype. We will examine the prototype to test concepts and assumptions from the earlier stages of the process.