Experienced AWS Solutions Architect and Fractional CTO
I help business leaders build better software systems using AWS cloud technologies. For over 10 years, I have been Managing Director of Agidea Technology Consulting, based in Manchester, UK. I combine hands-on technology expertise with in-depth experience of product and service development.
I work with a range of organisations, mainly across PropTech, Retail Intelligence, and Healthcare. I particularly enjoy working with scale-up businesses and collaborating directly and creatively with founders, board members and investors.
I help businesses with:
- Designing, building, and scaling software systems and SaaS products
- Aligning software features with customer demands and business objectives
- Technology research, evaluation and strategy
- Systems modernisation and cloud migration
- DevSecOps, compliance and security (including ISO 27001)
- AWS serverless computing technologies (including Lambda, DynamoDB, Fargate and AppSync)
- Infrastructure-as-Code using the AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK)
- Improving efficiency with containers and Docker
- Recruiting, training, retaining and leading high-performance development teams (remote, hybrid, onshore and offshore)
- Cloud costs optimisation
Fractional CTO Manchester
I undertake fractional, interim, and remote/hybrid CTO work.
Recent/current projects include:
► Springboard Research Ltd - migrating and modernising retail intelligence SaaS applications on AWS cloud (applying AWS Well Architected framework). Designing and developing new cloud-native serverless applications on AWS
► Amey Ltd - architect, host and manage delivery of Amey's website and digital communications portfolio hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure
► Bluewater Shopping Centre - architected and managed development of .NET extranet system for managing retailer communications, data collection and lost property at one of Europe's largest shopping centres
► Royal Liverpool Hospital - delivering the trust website and individual project sites with AWS cloud hosting
► British Thoracic Society - integrating CMS website with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, advising on IT strategy and cloud migration
Connect with me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/samflanagan